Among the Germans who emigrated in the 1730s and 1740s was a man named Stocker, for whom the neighboring town is named. Stocker's farm, the original place church congregants worshiped, still stands today on the south side of the Memorial House next to the church.
The first church in 1812 was constructed for $2,684. In the 1850s, the interior was remodeled. On one Sunday of each month, services were held in the German language since many congregants were German settlers.
Over the years, several renovations have modernized the building. In 1912, the church underwent an extensive remodel and was redone to its present state today. In a split decision on whether to spend funds to remodel the church, at least half the membership left as a way to voice their disapproval. The renovations went on, lowering the ceiling, adding on a Sunday school, constructing an organ and installing radiators. In the 1950s, bathrooms, a kitchen and more Sunday school classrooms were added. By 1981, the church renovated its sanctuary, holding a service of dedication that March.
During the anniversary year, many events took place to mark the Bicentennial Anniversary. Our Historical Records are maintained and kept track of by Jacob E. Allen, Amy Knitter & Lois Steward. Most of our older records are kept at the The Evangelical & Reformed Historical Society in Lancaster.